Minnesota authorities demand federal records, evidence from Pretti killing [View all]
Source: The Hill
02/18/26 5:31 PM ET
The Hennepin County, Minn., attorneys office on Wednesday demanded that the federal government hand over records and evidence related to the killing of U.S. citizen Alex Pretti by federal officers during a federal immigration enforcement operation in Minneapolis last month.
The office of Hennepin County Attorney Mary Moriarty accused the Trump administration of hiding evidence after sending a representative to oversee discussions between the FBI and the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (BCA) regarding Prettis death and the shooting of Julio Cesar Sosa-Celis, who was shot in the leg by federal officers in Minneapolis last month.
Moriartys office said the final decision conveyed by the FBI to the BCA last week was that there would be no cooperation.
Hiding evidence and obstructing our investigation is unacceptable and indicates a total lack of confidence in their agents actions, Moriarty said in a statement. We are prepared to take further legal action should the Department of Homeland Security and the Department of Justice fail to meet our deadline and continue to obstruct our investigations.
Read more: https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/5744246-alex-pretti-fbi-records/