Welcome to DU!
The truly grassroots left-of-center political community where regular people, not algorithms, drive the discussions and set the standards.
Join the community:
Create a free account
Support DU (and get rid of ads!):
Become a Star Member
Latest Breaking News
Editorials & Other Articles
General Discussion
The DU Lounge
All Forums
Issue Forums
Culture Forums
Alliance Forums
Region Forums
Support Forums
Help & Search
Media
Related: About this forumBrian Stelter: For a third straight day, an AP reporter was blocked from attending an Oval Office event, I'm told.
Brian Stelter
@brianstelter.bsky.social
For a third straight day, an AP reporter was blocked from attending an Oval Office event, I'm told.
February 13, 2025 at 1:46 PM
@brianstelter.bsky.social
For a third straight day, an AP reporter was blocked from attending an Oval Office event, I'm told.
February 13, 2025 at 1:46 PM
https://bsky.app/profile/brianstelter.bsky.social/post/3li3dwrv7g22i
5 replies
= new reply since forum marked as read
Highlight:
NoneDon't highlight anything
5 newestHighlight 5 most recent replies

Brian Stelter: For a third straight day, an AP reporter was blocked from attending an Oval Office event, I'm told. (Original Post)
Dennis Donovan
Feb 13
OP
SheltieLover
(65,711 posts)1. Is this legal?

Dennis Donovan
(29,945 posts)2. I don't know, but I'd file a 1A case if I were AP. n/t
SheltieLover
(65,711 posts)3. If legal, why would Joe & Obama not have tossed faux snooze, et al?

Dennis Donovan
(29,945 posts)4. Raw Story: Trump administration blocks Associated Press in third straight day of retaliation campaign
Raw Story - Trump administration blocks Associated Press in third straight day of retaliation campaign
Matthew Chapman
February 13, 2025 2:10PM ET
The Trump administration has barred the Associated Press from the daily reporter briefing for the third day in a row, CNN's Brian Stelter reported on Thursday.
The exclusion of the Associate Press is a retaliation campaign against the wire service's refusal to update its language policies to reflect Trump's executive order proclaiming that the Gulf of Mexico is hereby known as the "Gulf of America."
AP executive editor Julie Pace condemned the retaliation earlier this week, issuing a statement saying, “It is alarming that the Trump administration would punish AP for its independent journalism. Limiting our access to the Oval Office based on the content of AP’s speech not only severely impedes the public’s access to independent news, it plainly violates the First Amendment.”
The ongoing attack has prompted anger not just at the Trump White House itself, but also the White House Correspondents' Association, which primarily exists to protect the access of journalists to the White House, but has for three straight days continued to sit for press briefings with no action to boycott or otherwise protest over the treatment of the Associated Press.
"For the third straight day, the rest of the legacy media did nothing to stand up for the First Amendment," voting rights lawyer Marc Elias posted to Bluesky. "No boycott, no walkout, nothing but business as usual. Then, they wonder why people are canceling subscriptions and turning off their TV's while independent news outlets are thriving."
/snip
Matthew Chapman
February 13, 2025 2:10PM ET
The Trump administration has barred the Associated Press from the daily reporter briefing for the third day in a row, CNN's Brian Stelter reported on Thursday.
The exclusion of the Associate Press is a retaliation campaign against the wire service's refusal to update its language policies to reflect Trump's executive order proclaiming that the Gulf of Mexico is hereby known as the "Gulf of America."
AP executive editor Julie Pace condemned the retaliation earlier this week, issuing a statement saying, “It is alarming that the Trump administration would punish AP for its independent journalism. Limiting our access to the Oval Office based on the content of AP’s speech not only severely impedes the public’s access to independent news, it plainly violates the First Amendment.”
The ongoing attack has prompted anger not just at the Trump White House itself, but also the White House Correspondents' Association, which primarily exists to protect the access of journalists to the White House, but has for three straight days continued to sit for press briefings with no action to boycott or otherwise protest over the treatment of the Associated Press.
"For the third straight day, the rest of the legacy media did nothing to stand up for the First Amendment," voting rights lawyer Marc Elias posted to Bluesky. "No boycott, no walkout, nothing but business as usual. Then, they wonder why people are canceling subscriptions and turning off their TV's while independent news outlets are thriving."
/snip
msongs
(70,982 posts)5. ap could stop covering trump beyond one or two sentence articles nt